2. Do not accept lavish or frequent hospitality from any individual, industrial or commercial firms, organizations, etc., having official dealings with you.
3. Do not accept any offer of the cost of passage to foreign countries or hospitality by way of free board and lodging there, if such offers are from foreign firms contracting with Government.
4. Do not accept invitations to you and members of your family for free inaugural flights offered by Air India, Indian airlines corporation or Foreign Airlines.
5. Do not accept any gift from any foreign firm which is having official dealings.
6. Do not encage yourself in canvassing business of Life Insurance Agency, Commission Agency or Advertising Agency owned or managed by the members of your family.
7. Do not lend money to or borrow money from or deposit money as a member or agent, with any person, firm or private company with whom you are likely to have official dealings. Do not otherwise place yourself under pecuniary obligation with such person, firm or private company.
8. Do not approach your subordinates for standing surety for loans taken from private sources either by you/your relations/friends.
9. Do not undertake private consultancy work.
10. Do not speculate in any stock, share or other investment.
11. Do not purchase shares out of the quota reserved for friends and associates of Directors of Companies.
12. Do not bid at any auction of property where such auction is arranged by your own officers.
13. Do not stay as guest with foreign diplomats or foreign nationals in India.
14. Do not invite any Foreign Diplomat to stay with you as your guest in India.
15. Do not accept or permit your wife or dependants to accept passage money or free air transport from a Foreign Mission / Government or Organization.
16. Do not bring any political influence in matters pertaining to your service.
17. Do not consume any intoxicating drinks or drugs while on duty.
18. Do not appear in public place in a state of intoxication.
19. Do not indulge in any act sexual harassment of any women at her work place.
20. Do not employ children below 14 years of age.
21. Do not accept award of monetary benefits instituted by Private Trusts / Foundations, etc.,
22. Do not make joint representations in matters of common interest.
23. Do not indulge in acts unbecoming of a Government servant.
24. Do not be discourteous, dishonest and partial.
25. Do not adopt dilatory tactics in your dealings with the public.
26. Do not convey oral instructions to subordinates. If any oral instruction is issued due to urgency, confirm it in writing as soon as possible.
27. Do not practice untouchability.
28. Do not associate yourself with any banned organizations.
29. Do not join any association or demonstration whose objects or activities are prejudicial to the interest of the sovereignty and integrity of India, public order and morality.
30. Do not give expressions to views on Indian or foreign affairs, while visiting foreign countries.
31. Do no get involved in unauthorized communication of any official document or any part of thereof or classified information to any Government servant or any other persons to whom you are not authorized to communicate such document or classified information.
32. Do not join or support any illegal strike.
33. Do not give or take or abet giving or taking of dowry or demand any dowry directly or indirectly from the parent or guardian of a bride or bridegroom.
1. Maintain absolute integrity at all times.
2. Maintain absolute devotion to duty at all times.
3. Maintain independence and impartiality in the discharge of your duties
4. Maintain a responsible and decent standard of conduct in private life.
5. Render prompt and courteous service to the public.
6. Observe proper decorum during lunch break.
7. Report to your superiors the fact of your arrest or conviction in a Criminal Court and the circumstances connected therewith, as soon as it is possible to do so.
8. Keep away from demonstrations organized by political parties.
9. Maintain political neutrality.
10. Manage private affairs in such a way as to avoid habitual indebtedness or insolvency.
11. If any legal proceedings are instituted against you for the recovery of any debt or for declaring you as insolvent, report the full facts of such proceedings to the competent authority.
12. Act in accordance with the government policies.
13. Observe courtesy and consideration to Members of Parliament and State Legislatures.
14. In performance of duties in good faith, communicate information to a person in accordance with the ‘Right to Information Act, 2005′ and the rules made thereunder.